Focuses his practice on civil, commercial, consumer law and construction litigation, as well as on arbitration in diverse matters. He has represented a wide range of clients, both domestic and foreign, in complex litigation matters, providing both judicial and out-of-court negotiation strategies.
He also advises on regulatory matters, particularly in relation to administrative sanctioning procedures, protection appeals, etc., both in administrative and court stages. Additionally, he has been involved in compliance investigations, having served as external Compliance Officer, reporting directly to the parent company.
He has been included in the roster of arbitrators of the I. Court of Appeals of Santiago for the 2023-2024 two-year period.
Counsel in Chile to the Unsecured Creditors Committee of Chapter 11 initiated by CorpGroup Banking in the US.
Arbitration between two mining companies litigating for specific performance of a contract requesting a declaration of unenforceability of certain acts based on civil fraud and under the theory of veil piercing.
Various defenses of individuals for charges by the Investigation Unit of the Financial Market Commission, both in administrative and legal proceedings.
Representation of gas distribution company in lawsuit filing by person injured due to fire.
Representation of pharmaceutical laboratory in lawsuit filed against CENABAST for damages, obtaining a favorable result in both instances as well as in the cassation appeal before the Supreme Court.
Support to pharmaceutical laboratories, both in administrative and legal proceedings, in multiple sanctioning procedures initiated by the ISP.
Representation of large freight company in arbitration and in first instance lawsuits initiated by construction contractors.
Representation of IT client in a first instance lawsuit against FONASA.
Representation of a foreign food company in lawsuit against a salmon producer, applying the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG).
Defense of several companies in numerous trials on alleged infringement and civil liability in consumer law matters.
- Chile (2006)
- Latin Lawyer 250 (Litigation).
- Latin Lawyer National (Litigation).
- Best Lawyers (Arbitration and Mediation).
- The Legal 500 (Dispute Resolution and Public Law).
- Leaders League (Litigation).
- Chambers & Partners Latin America (Environmental Law and Litigation).
- Winner of case law analysis contest in the group of individuals, communities, and indigenous peoples. Paper “Comentario Sentencia autos Rol 1602-2012, caso línea de transmisión Melipeuco-Freire y otras sentencias relacionadas a la susceptibilidad de afectación directa a los pueblos indígenas en el marco de la consulta previa del Convenio 169 OIT”. Recognition granted by the Chilean Supreme Court Ministers Commission, 2013.
- Spanish and English
- LL.B., Universidad Austral de Chile, 2005.
- MBA, Universidad Austral de Chile, 2008.
- Master in Environmental Law (C), Universidad de Chile, 2010.
- Diploma in Legal Anthropology and Indigenous Law, Universidad de Chile, 2011.
- Diploma in Corporate Governance, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, 2013.
- Postgraduate course on Administrative Law, Instituto de Estudios Judiciales, 2016.
- Diploma in Construction Law, Universidad de Los Andes, 2019.
- Specialization course on Legal English, Universidad de Los Andes, 2019.
Partner, NLD Abogados, 2021 to date.
DLA Piper BAZ / NLD, 2018-2020.
Director, NLD Abogados, 2013 – 2018.
Corporate Lawyer, SN Power Chile (Statkraft Chile), 2010 – 2013.
Lawyer, Trayenko Hydroelectric (SN Power Chile), 2008 – 2013.
Associate, Vodanovic, Baeza & Aravena (Valdivia), 2006 -2010.